Roasted Jerk Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 chicken (about 3 lbs) cut up, rinsed and dried
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 4 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (divided)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme (divided)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with foil sprayed with nonstick spray. For the veggies in a a large bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, potatoes, thyme and some salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the veggies out over a prepared baking sheet and set it aside while you prep the chicken. In the same bowl you just tossed the veggies, add the chicken, cider vinegar, the remaining olive oil, 2 tsp of jerk seasoning, the remaining Thyme, garlic, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste then massage the seasonings into the chicken and place the pieces onto the other prepared baking sheet.
Bake for one hour or until each tray has achieved the level of color that you want, then remove them from the oven and serve.
You'll also love
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Jamaican Curry 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Jamaican Flounder with Mango Lime... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Hamburger & Cabbage Casserole 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ BUBBLING BROWN CHICKEN 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Potato Croquettes 4.2/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Root Vegetables 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe