Roast chicken recipes - 8 recipes
Make a perfect roast chicken. We have a wide variety of roast chicken recipes, perfect for any day of the week!
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10
Cooking time 90
Cost Budget Friendly
- 1 whole roaster or over stuffer chicken (giblets removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Garlic powder
- 1 small sliced red onion
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 5 large potatoes washed and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 celery stalk cut into small chunks
- 1 handful fresh trimmed string beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
I make this roasted chicken a lot
Top rated Roast chicken recipes
Roast Chicken; Low and Slow
By nrlowell, The Chef's Last Diet - exploring a healthy love of food
A slow roasted chicken that yields juicy, tender, silky meat, and crispy skin
- 1 Roasting Chicken (3-4 Lbs)
- 2-3 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Lemon (Pierced all over)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fine Herbs
- 2 large Carrots (Peeled and cut into thirds horizontally)
- 1 stalk Celery (Cut into thirds horizontally)
- 1/2 large Onion (Cut into quarters)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock (more as needed)
30 Things To Roast This Christmas That Aren't Meat
Cut down your traditional Christmas dinner costs this year by making one of these 30 mouthwatering, meat-free vegetarian roasts!
Salt & Cumin Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 400℉
- 3 Lbs skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 t ground cumin
- 2 T butter, melted
92 Ways To Get Your Chicken Fix In 5 Ingredients Or Less
Here's the ultimate collection of chicken recipes with 5 ingredients or less!
Rinse chicken inside and out
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 small bag of new red potatoes
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- parsley to taste
- dill to taste
Roasted Jerk Chicken and Potatoes
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Preheat oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with foil sprayed with nonstick spray
- 1 chicken (about 3 lbs) cut up, rinsed and dried
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 4 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (divided)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme (divided)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
VIDEO: Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Bombs
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
5 Spiced Beer Can Chicken
1. Heat Grill to 350°F-375°F and prepare a spot for the chicken to cook over indirect heat
- 1 whole (1.5 kg) Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp | 5 ml sea salt
- 3 tbsp | 45 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp | 10 ml Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 tbsp | 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp | 15 ml sesame oil
- 1 - 355 ml can pilsner style beer
Wash the chicken and soak it in the water for 1 hour
- 1 whole chicken with skin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp meat tenderizer
- 4 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- chat masala and lemon for garnishing
Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning) or, coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth