5 Spiced Beer Can Chicken
- 1 whole (1.5 kg) Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp | 5 ml sea salt
- 3 tbsp | 45 ml fresh ginger
- finely chopped
- 2 tsp | 10 ml Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 tbsp | 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp | 15 ml sesame oil
- 1 - 355 ml can pilsner style beer
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Heat Grill to 350°F-375°F and prepare a spot for the chicken to cook over indirect heat.
2. Rinse whole bird and dry with paper towel.
3. Combine salt, Ginger, Chinese 5 Spice and vegetable oil.
4. Lift skin from breast and thighs being careful not to tear it.
5. Tuck seasoning mixture between skin and meat, spreading it around as much as possible; put any extra inside the cavity.
6. Rub the skin with sesame oil.
7. Pour off 1/3 of the beer and place bird over the can so the cavity covers most of the can and the bird can stand upright. Alternatively you can use a beer can chicken holder.
8. Roast the chicken upright on the grill for about 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 170°F.
You'll also love
- Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Casserole with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rachel's Lasagna 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven baked pasta with... 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Roast Beef 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Southwestern Spiced Broccoli and... 3.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Beef with Onions and Star Anise 2.8/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.