Lamb, Potatoes, Crispy Shoulder, herbs and Guinness Sabayon
By Franck Salein
- - Rack of Lamb: 2 pieces of 6
- - Shoulder of Lamb: 1 piece
- - Potatoes: 6
- - trotter: 1 piece
- - Lamb stock: 1 1/4 cup
- - Freshly ground pepper
- - Salt
- - Flat parsley / chervil / Chives / Carrots / Onions / Garlic / thyme, bay
- - White wine 2/3 cup
- - Water 2 cups
- - Guinness: 1 1/4 cup
- - Egg yolks: 2
- - Phyllo dough: 4 sheets
- - Butter: 1 3/4 tbsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 340 F
- Brown shoulder of lamb in a pan with the pig's foot and then add carrots, diced onions, garlic, thyme, bay leaf. Season, add 3/4 cup lamb stock with white wine and water and cook covered for 1:45 min in an oven. Once cooked, remove from oven and cool.
- Create an oval shape with the potatoes in a pan, heat in olive oil and a little butter, brown the potatoes and then add the remaining lamb stock and finish cooking very gently basting the potatoes well with a spoon. - Pour off the cooking liquid and reserve. Take the shoulder of lamb and pig's trotter and remove meat from shoulder and shred, completely reverse the pigs feet and chill between two plates.
-In a pan, put the egg yolks, then add the Guinness, whisk on a low heat to obtain an emulsion light and compact.
-Adjust seasoning and add 3-4 tbsp cooking liquid and reduce by half.
- Blanch the herbs in boiling salted water then refresh in ice water and put them in a blender to create a herbs pulp.
- Cook the lamb racks in the dye and then finish cooking them in the oven at 400 ° F (about 7 minutes.)
-In a nonstick skillet, put a piece of pig's trotters and cook both sides to get the pig's foot crispy.
- In a sheet of filo pastry deposit the shredded lamb shoulder and then roll up. - Cook the roll at 350 ° F for about 4 minutes.
- Cut the rack into 3 ribs per serving, put 3 potatoes, coat them with the Guinness sauce and place the crispy pig's foot the potatoes, a line of pulp herbs and crispy lamb shoulder.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!