Chicken with chicory
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 4 1/2 lbs chicory
- 1 large tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves - smashed, degermed, and thinly chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth or chicken bouillon cube and water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pat of butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large sprig of thyme
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon chives or finely chopped chervil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Melt butter in a cast iron pan greased with olive oil. Cook the chicken thighs until they are golden brown and set aside.
- Saute 2 onions, cut into thin slices, in the oil from the original pan. When the onion is transparent, put the chicken thighs back in the pan, on onions.
- Add tomato and chicory (trimmed and clipped and cut in half lengthwise) surround chicken in pan.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, 2 bay leaves, a beautiful sprig of thyme and garlic. Salt and pepper using a pepper mill.
- Cover and cook 40 minutes, watching from time to time, if necessary add a little extra broth.
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and bake.
- In a cup, combine chives or chervil cream, salt and pepper to taste. When the thighs are cooked (falling off the bone), place on plate, place next to the chicory.
- Unpack the potato and split into two, inside pour the cream with herbs. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- chicken thighs en papillotte 4.5/5 (40 Votes)