Soft Broiled Scallops with Truffle and Warm Vegetables
- 8 scallops
- 1 glass of white wine (dry)
- 3.5 oz of truffle juice
- 1 turnip
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 leek
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preheat Oven to 350°
Shell the fresh scallops, wash them and place them back in their shells. Season them and add white wine, butter and truffle juice and cook them in the oven for 5 minutes.
Cut the vegetables and cook them with water and the bouillon for 3 minutes.
Add the vinegar, the olive oil, and the truffle juice off the scallops to the vegetables.
Top the scallops with the dressing made of olive oil and vinegar, add some chives and serve them in dinner plates with salt under them to keep them warm.
You'll also love
- Baby and kid friendly leek soup 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Pie 2.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
- minestrone soup 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Sea Urchin Cromesquis 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Root Vegetables 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple Hash 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken with chicory 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!