Mim's Sweet Potato Pie
- 2c cooked
- mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 stick or 1/2c melted butter
- 1/4c sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- slightly beaten
- 1t vanilla
- 1 deep dish pie crust
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Boil sweet potatoes in plain water until tender.
Peel while still warm and place in a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer on low speed after the "strings" are removed from the potatoes.
Add butter to warm potatoes.
Add sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 1 hour at 350°.
You'll also love
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes 3.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Almond cookies 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Cake: No-Bake Cheesecake 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Crumb Pie 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- No Fail Pecan Pie 3/5 (8 Votes)
- My Great-Great Grandmother’s... 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Holiday Refresher 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!