- 2 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Confection sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In large bowl combine ingredients and mix except con. sugar.
Refrigerate 30 min.
Pre heat oven 375.
Roll dough into 11/4 in. balls place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 15-20 min. Let stand 1 min. Roll into confection sugar while still warm. Cool completely
You'll also love
- banana caramel pie 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Brownies 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Caramel nut slices 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Pecan Muffins 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Cherry Cheese Crunch Cake 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Sarah's Green Bean Casserole 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate- and Peppermint-Coated... 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.