Cherry Cheese Crunch Cake
I've made this recipe every year for my family over the holidays. It was originally made by my aunt and has become a tradition in our household ever since. It looks and tastes as if it takes a lot of time and effort, but in reality is super simple.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix ingredients for crust until coarse crumbs are formed. Press into 13" by 9" cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Beat together all filling ingredients until well blended.
Pour into crust and spread evenly. Top with pie filling and refrigerate.
You can change the toppings by using strawberry or blueberry pie filling as well.
You'll also love
- RICE KRISPYSQUARES 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Sarah's Green Bean Casserole 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Cherry Crisp 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Fudgy No-Bakes 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Philly Avocado Dip 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Quick Bread 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Cake Mix Cookies 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!