- Bottom layer ingredients:
- 1 - 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve
- 20 squares crushed)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Icing ingredients:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Fine chopped walnuts or sprinkles optional
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix bottom layer ingredients together well, press into a 9x9x2 pan, refrigerate while making icing.
Mix icing ingredients well, spread over the bottom layer, walnuts and sprinkles optional. Refrigerate 1 hour, (over night is better) cut into squares or bars before serving.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.2/5 (409 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (206 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (217 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.1/5 (210 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn This 4-ingredient peanut butter... 4.2/5 (102 Votes)
- Smores Bark 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Egg Plant Squares 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.