Chocolate Fiddle Diddles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk/
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 6 tbsp. cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups of rolled oats or rice krispies
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Bring first three ingredients to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Add the cocoa, salt, oats or rice krispies, coconut, and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
Place by small teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet to cool.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!