Simple Sugar Cookies
this is the family recipe used for making our Christmas cookies
- 1.5 c flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- .5 c butter
- .5 c sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- food colouring
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and the vanilla.Then add dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Colour or just leave white. Chill dough at least 2 hrs.
Roll out dough on a floured surface to thickness of your choice.
Use cutouts,decorate with coloured sugar and silver balls, and place on ungreased pans.
Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 mins, until surface of cookies lose shine.
use real butter or they will taste blah
You'll also love
- Sugared Pecans 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Chocolate cake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Mini Muffins 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Mac and cheese. 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Simple Peanut Butter Cookies 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Russian Chicken 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- My Great-Great Grandmother’s... 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Green apple syrup granita 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.