Sugar Cookies for the Holidays
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cup of butter softened
- 4 sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Mix flour, powder, salt in separate bowl at low speed. Beat butter and sugar until blended on high speed beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla at a low speed. Last add flour mixture until blended.
Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Flatten each with a dish; wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350. On a floured surface, roll 1 piece of dough to 1/4 inch thick. While keeping remaining cold.
Bake until edges are golden brown (about 12-15 minutes).
Freezing dough helps the cookies shape stay well while baking. Freeze 10 minutes after rolling and 10 minutes after cutting out shapes.
You'll also love
- Christmas Balls 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Carrot cake 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- big girl root beer float 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crisp 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Hamantaschen Dough and Filling 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- No Bake Marshmallow Cookies 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Christmas Cherry Cookies 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Amish Sugar Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.