Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake
- 2 C chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1 C sour cream
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 C sugar
- 3 lb softened cream cheese (6 pkg x 250g)
- 1 C Guinness
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 melted semi-sweet chocolate
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Line at 10" spring-form pan with parchment paper. Cover base and sides of pan on the outside with foil so no water can touch cheesecake while baking.
Toss crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into prepared pan on bottom.
Filling: Stir together sour cream, corn starch and sugar in a bowl. In separate bowl, mix cream cheese, Guinness and eggs with electric mixer until well combined. Combine gently the two mixtures. Pour in melted chocolate with spatula, gently cutting chocolate through mixture.
Pour batter into prepared pan and tap on counter to release any air.
Place pan in large baking dish. Pour water around pan about 1/4 way up pan. Bake for 1 hour. Replenish water if needed. Bake for another 1 1/4 hours or until cheesecake sets.
After baking, turn oven off and, without opening door, allow cake to cool in over for about 2 1/2 hours. Remove foil and store overnight in fridge.
Remove sides of pan and cut cake with wet knife warmed in hot water. Serve with melted chocolate drizzle.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (394 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (230 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (234 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!