Simple Hearty Chicken Pot Pie
By Irene Wanner
Chicken and rolled out squares cooked in a pot
- 1 Whole chicken cut up
- 1 Cup shortening or butter
- 4 Cups flour
- Chicken seasoning packet or cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
In a Dutch oven boil cut up chicken, all of it. While chicken cooks make dough by combining flour, salt and shortening. Use fork to mix until crumbly. Add enough water to make soft (about 1 Cup), and roll out. Cut into squares. Remove chicken and take meat from bones. Return meat to water it had boilet in along with chicken seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add dough squares one by one. Simmer until dough settles with white gravy. Never still while simmering, but do twist pan horizontally on stove occasionally. Cooking time about 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Fiesta Chicken Crockpot Dinner 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Potato & Rice 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Pecan Pie 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Simple Sugar Cookies 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hamburger Quiche 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- vanilla pineapple pie 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Pretzel Salad 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pie 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.