Chocolate Pecan Pie
Rich and chocolatey pecan pie, great with vanilla ice cream
The photo is the same recipe with an oreo crust, baked into individual pies using ovenproof ramekins
- 1 recipe pie dough
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3cup corn syrup
- tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- .5 c toasted pecans
- 1.5c milk chocolate biscuits
- 250 ml heavy cream
- tbsp pumpkin spice
- tsp salt
- 1/2c icing sugar
- 2 strawberries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Mix eggs with the melted butter until smooth.
Add corn syrup, brown sugar and chocolate and stir until combined.
Pour mixture over the chopped, toasted pecans in a pie shell.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
Whip cream with the icing sugar until it can hold
Next, add pumpkin spice and the salt and continue to whip until firm texture is achieved.
Place with whipped cream and strawberries
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!