Southern Sweet Potatoe Pie with pecan topping
- 2 big cans sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can eagle brand milk
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix first 8 ingredients and put in pre made pie crust.
Bring pecans brown sugar and cream to a boil. Turn down let cool 8 min. pour on top on pie.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour
You'll also love
- Baby's Sweet Potato Purée 2.8/5 (35 Votes)
- German Apple Cake (Apfelkuchen) 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- GInger baked pears 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spitzbuben 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Cake 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cheese Pie 2.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Hamantaschen Dough and Filling 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!