Crawfish in a Cajun sauce served over rice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1/4 cp chopped celery leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 pounds peeled crawfish tails ( reserve fat)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes of Crystal hot sauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Tony Zatarans Creole seasoning
- to taste
- 1/4 cp chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked rice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Saute the garlic, onion, and celery leaves in butter.
Add fat, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
Add crawfish tails, and Zatarans ( or salt and pepper). Continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add parsley and serve over rice.
Add toasted french garlic bread. It's great for sopping up the juice!