Salad with Foie Gras and Crayfish
By herve meynadier
- - 2 dozen crayfish
- - 4 1/4 cups of court bouillon*
- - 8 oz fine green beans
- - 5 oz of foie gras terrine
- - 1 package of asparagus.
- - vinaigrette
- *Court bouillon is a stock made from vegetables and wine.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cook crayfish in court-bouillon for 5 minutes. Drain and shell them.
Cook green beans in salted boiling water (10 to 15 minutes). Drain them, cool them and allow to cool.
Shortly before serving, place them on individual plates green beans, asparagus tips, crayfish tails (all seasoned with vinaigrette) and liver slices. Serve the remaining sauce separately.
You can vary the elements: add sliced mushrooms, artichoke hearts, red leaf lettuce or green leaf.
For the salad to be successful it is necessary that the vinegar used for the sauce is good, not too much "bite" (sherry vinegar or cider) and that the oil used is neutral (peanut).
For best results, season separately all elements of the salad before you arrange on the plate.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!