Dave's Shepherds Pie
A quick and easy hotdish
- 2 cans of tomato soup
- 2 cans of drained green beans (sliced or French cut)
- 1 lb of browned hamburger
- 6 cups of mashed potatoes
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese (or Colby/jack)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion or onion powder (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Brown the hamburger.
Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
Lightly grease a casserole dish.
Mash boiled potatoes or make 6 cups of instant potatoes.
Drain the beans.
Mix the hamburger, tomato soup, green beans and seasonings in the casserole dish. Spread the mashed potatoes over the bean mixture and then cover with shredded cheese.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes until heated through.
Use regular shred cheese, not finely shredded.
You can add more mashed potatoes if you wish, just add a few more minutes of baking time.
Don't make the mashed potatoes too dry or they won't spread easily over the bean mixture.
You'll also love
- Super Easy Chili Recipe 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- spicy flavored ground beef 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Classic Broccoli Salad with Creamy... 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- stuffed potatoes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Salmon casserole on fennel puree... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Pasta Casserole 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Hamburg stuff 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Ground meat
- Coriander, chopped
- Onions, minced
- Ground Pepper
- Cheddar (cube and slice)
- Canola Oil
Chop coriander and mince onions
Mix the meat, coriander, onions, pepper and salt in a large bowl
With your hands, shape the meat into a large ball
On a clean surface, flatten the ball and place a cube of cheddar on top
Cover the cheese with the edges of the meat, creating a ball again
Place in a pan and let one side simmer in canola oil
Flip the patty and place a slice of cheddar on top
Place the lid on the pan and let cook to desired texture
Put the patty in a bun with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Review this recipe