spicy flavored ground beef
spicy flavored ground beef filling for tacos and/or burritos
- 1 and1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small can "El Pato" tomato sauce (or any other spicy hot tomato sauce)
- garlic salt
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup kraft Parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
cook ground beef and diced onions until beef is browned then drain some of the fat if needed. (you want it to be juicy though for the other ingredients to cook right)
salt to taste with garlic salt then add the hot tomato sauce and let it cook on medium to -medium high while stirring often
after 2-3 minutes of cooking you will sprinkle the parmesan cheese over it and continue cooking until it is the right consistancy for taco meat.
can use less hot tomato sauce if your family does not like it that hot. can also substitute for regular tomato sauce, just add a little chilli powder to the mix! also can add a little water if it dries out too much while cooking. (you don't want it to be too watery though) the parmesan cooked with it gives a yummy flavor to it. you can add more or less to your taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.