Zucchini stuffed with ground beef
By Asmaa du blog 'Les recettes de la Cuisine de Asmaa'
Zucchini stuffed with ground beef. Discover our recipe.
- 4 zucchini
- 10 oz ground beef
- 2 small onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash zucchini and cut in lengthwise, then scoop out inside gently with a knife or spoon, reserve.
Add salt to the inside of the zucchini and set aside.
Chop the onions, scooped zucchini flesh, put in a pan with olive oil.
Next add chopped tomatoes, garlic, parsley, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper and simmer about 10 min.
Mix ground meat with spices (cumin, paprika, salt, pepper) and add the tomato paste leave to simmer for 10min.
Mash everything with a potato masher, add egg, mix well and leave the mixture in the pan another 5min. In an ovenproof dish, put a dash of olive oil, sliced tomatoes, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper then fill zucchini with mixture.
Place in a preheated oven at 400 ° F for 20 min (you can sprinkle with grated cheese). Cook until top is brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!