By Mimm du blog Les Délices de Mimm
- 4 round zucchini
- 1 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 onion
- tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and cut the zucchini top and reserve the "hat" . Hollow out zucchini with a spoon.Leave about half a centimeter of flesh. The return on a paper towel.
Finely chop the onion and garlic. Toast the pine nuts in a nonstick skillet. In a dish containing ground meat, add onion and garlic, egg, parsley, pine nuts. Mix well.
Add some chopped zucchini flesh. The rest can be used in a soup. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper and continue stirring. Fill the zucchini with the mixture. Replace the "hats" (tops).
Place in a baking dish containing tomato sauce. Bake at 350 ° F for about 1 hour or more depending on size of zucchini. Serve with rice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!