Beef Teriyaki steak strips
- 2 lbs. flank steak or top round
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup canned bee consommé undiluted
- 1/2 cup red table wine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 glove garlic, mashed
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or honey
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut meat into 1 inch wide strips diagonally across the grain. Layer meat strips, green onions and salt in a large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over meat. Let stand overnight or at least 5-6 hours. Drain meat, reserving the marinade. Grill strips quickly over hot coals brushing with marinade. Turn once. DON"T OVERCOOK OR MEAT WILL BE LESS TENDER.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.