thai chilli beef with vegatbles
- •4 beef cutlets sliced into strips
- •14 bamboo skewers,•1 green pepper
- •1 red pepper
- •1 banana pepper
- •1 jalapeño pepper
- •1 small onion
- •8 mushrooms
- •1 large carrot
- •½ bunch of broccoli
- •1 sliced green onion
- •2 tsp. sesame seeds
- •2 tbsp. oil
- •¼ cup of sake (rice wine) or red wine
- •3 tbsp. thai chili garlic sauce
- •½ cup teriyaki sauce
- •2 tbsp. brown sugar
- •2 tbsp. honey
- •2 tbsp. molasses*
- •3 tbsp. soy sauce
- •1 tbsp. roasted garlic
- •1 tsp. ginger powder or fresh grated ginger
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
1.In a large non-reactive bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients. Put the sliced steak into the bowl and allow the beef to marinate while you prep the veggies, at least 30 minutes.
2.Clean and slice all of the vegetables into bite sized pieces, strips or however you prefer your stir fry.
3.Preheat the grill to medium, about 450°F.
4.Slide the marinated steaks onto the prepared skewers, reserve the marinade.
5.Place a Stainless Steel Griddle or Grill Wok over direct heat, add the oil and the vegetables that will take longest to grill, I recommend the broccoli and carrots. After 1 to 2 minutes add the peppers and after another few minutes add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir fry until the broccoli and carrots are tender crisp.
6.While your veggies are stir frying, grill the beef skewers over direct heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until they are no longer red raw on the outside.
You'll also love
- short ribs and cabbage 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Fried Rice 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Surf 'n' Turf Skewers 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Tangy Steak Marinade 4/5 (10 Votes)
- KFC Zinger 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Ramen Stir Fry 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegetables In Sweet And Sour Sauce... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe