Chili That Doubles as Spaghetti Sauce
This chili recipe is amazing on its own, but it doubles for a fantastic spaghetti sauce that begs to be tried.
- 10 lbs ground beef
- 4 lbs onions
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 large bell peppers
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 and a half bottles banana peppers
- 5 jars or 28 ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 large container V8 juice
- 1 half cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 packages chili mix
- 4 envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 8 tsps chili powder
- 4 tsps cumin
- 4 tsps instant beef buillon
- 4 tsps salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 4 bay leaves
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown ground beef.
Chop up vegetables.
Drain beef. Add onions, celery, green peppers and garlic. Cook until soft.
Add remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer covered for 3 hours.
Remove bay leaves.
Best ever sauce for spaghetti!
You'll also love
- Cherry Tomato Salsa 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Tomatoes, Mangoes, and Cucumbers... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Sweet Onion and Broccoli Salad 4.1/5 (3 Votes)
- Gluten Free Vegetable Quiche 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Sheppard Rd. Pie 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Basic Homey Meatloaf 4.1/5 (1 Votes)
- Moms Spagetti 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!