Salmon casserole on fennel puree with horseradish
By Caroline , blog La Cuisine & Caro
- 1 lb potatoes
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 salmon steaks
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and slice the potatoes, then cook in salted water.
Cut the fennel bulbs, julienned (thin sticks). Fry half in a little butter, and let stew over low heat. Sprinkle the other half with lemon juice and reserve.
When fennel is stewed, add the salmon into large chunks and cook about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Mash the potatoes with a fork, add 1 to 2 teaspoons horseradish to taste, and a little milk to loosen the puree.
Place the puree in the bottom of the casserole, make a well in center and put salmon and fennel compote. Arrange the raw fennel on top.
You'll also love
- Turketta Spaghetta 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Simple Potato Soup with Bacon 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon with Dill, Cucumber, and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- PERFECT TUNA CASSEROLE 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Ranch Potato Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sea Bream Cigar and fennel soup 2.9/5 (121 Votes)
- Cheese ball 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Crunchy Salmon Cakes with Greek... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!