JB's Salmon Casserole
- 1 can (large) red salmon
- 1 cup thick white sauce (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijion mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoon onion finely chopped
- several crushed saltine crackers
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Add crackers to thicken to paste.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Thick white sauce: 2 tablespoons butter, 2 and 1/2 tablespoons corn starch and 1 cup milk. Melt butter then blend in cornstarch. Finally add milk gradually. Heat to boiling stirring constantly as it thickens.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!