Deep Dish Pizza
Put what toppings you want in this deep dish pizza.Pepperoni,sausage,onions,green peppers,mushrooms,olives,anchoves,or spinach anything you like!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 - 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 - finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp.sugar
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- cornmeal for dusting
- 1 lb. pizza dough at room temp.
- 3oz skim mozzarella
- coarsely grated
- 1oz. grated asiago cheese
- finely shredded
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
In md. bowl combine tomatoes,garlic,oregano,sugar,1 tbsp.parmesan, 1 tbsp.oil,salt and pepper.
On a surface dusted with cornmeal,shape1/2 dough into 12in. circle.Transfer to pan.Fitting in bottom and up sides letting excess hang over.
Place in toppings mine is just pepperoni.Top with mozzarella.Then top with remaining dough.
Fitting it up sides of pan.Spoon tomatoes sauce onto dough.Sprinkle with asiago and parmesan cheese cut away excess crust.
Lightly brush oil on crust edges so they golden brown while baking.
Bake 425 for 25 - 30 min.Done when lightly brown and cheese melted.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!