Deep Dish Pizza: Where To Get Your Fix In Chicago & Beyond
Although deep dish pizza is a native Chicago creation, those super thick, piping hot pies are popular across the nation. Here's where to find the best of the best.
1/21 View slideshow
© Instagram - @pamplemousseontheroad
Lou Malnati's Pizzeria - Chicago, IL
Arguably the best deep dish pizza in Chicago (also self-proclaimed), Lou Malnati's is a veritable institution and has been since its founding in 1971. The traditional "pies" are made with a thin layer of pizza dough baked in a deep, round pizza pan all the way up the sides and topped with thick slices of mozzarella, layers of sausage, onions, mushrooms and chunky tomato sauce.
More steaming articles
6 Fish You Should Be Grilling Now! Delicious Chocolate Square and Nutella Learn how to make this delicious candy...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article