Deep Dish Pizza: Where To Get Your Fix In Chicago & Beyond
Although deep dish pizza is a native Chicago creation, those super thick, piping hot pies are popular across the nation. Here's where to find the best of the best.
© Instagram - @pamplemousseontheroad
Lou Malnati's Pizzeria - Chicago, IL
Arguably the best deep dish pizza in Chicago (also self-proclaimed), Lou Malnati's is a veritable institution and has been since its founding in 1971. The traditional "pies" are made with a thin layer of pizza dough baked in a deep, round pizza pan all the way up the sides and topped with thick slices of mozzarella, layers of sausage, onions, mushrooms and chunky tomato sauce.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!