I grew up on this and we always just called it hamburg stuff but a friend of mine would call it welfare stew.
- 1 can of beans in tomato sauce, 1 can of tomato soup, 1 pound ground beef, pot of mashed potatoes. Sometimes we add veggies like green pepper and mushroom.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown beef in pot and drain off grease.
Add soup and beans and veggies and cook for about 15 min to 20 min. until cooked through. serve on top of mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
- Mary's Meatloaf 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- rice cereal 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef enchiladas 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Mush 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Southwestern Hot and Spicy Chili... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Red Pepper Chili with Beans 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Best Loaded Mashed Potatoes 3.6/5 (51 Votes)
- Amber's Shepard Pie 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.