Middle Eastern pulled beef that can be frozen and used in many other ways.
- 4 Lbs of beef roast, chuck or round or sirloin, cut into large chunks (the size of small apple)
- *it should not be an expensive cut but a marbled one.
- 3 tsp Salt and 3 tsp black pepper.
- *(if you have time, you could marinate the meat in salt and pepper overnight)
- ½ cup Butter and ½ cup olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the meat, mix . ( either marinate overnight or put into heavy bottom pot.
Add butter and olive oil to the meat.
Cook in medium heat for about 10-15 minutes ( just to get it started),
Stir once and then cook on very low heat for 2-3 hours
** do not open the pot for the first hour because the meat has to cook in its own juices and steam. If you open the pot often you will lose the steam and the meat might burn.
During the last 30 minutes ( or when the meat is cooked already) take the lid off and allow to meat chunks to slowly brown. Add more butter if needed
When the meat is browned, you can tease it with a fork resulting in strings of roasted meat which will look like pulled pork ( well this is not pork so leave something to the imagination:)
Serve with rice and yogurt dip
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.