Basic Spaghetti Sauce
Most of this recipe is not measured out because you can't really mess up spaghetti sauce. If you add too much spices just add more tomato sauce, and if you add too much sauce just add more spices.
- 1 yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Minced garlic
- About 1 tsp sugar
- Water or broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Saute one onion in olive oil. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, oregano, and basil. When tender, add meat to brown.
Add the can of diced tomatoes and the can of tomato sauce. Add minced garlic and about a teaspoon of sugar. Add water or broth as needed. Let simmer for 1/2 hour. Serve over pasta.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!