Banana Fritters with Creole Sauce
By Cathy Naveaux
- 8 bananas
- For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- scant 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 tbsp yeast
- 1 1/3 tbsp oil
- scant 1/2 cup beer
- For the Creole sauce:
- 4 bananas
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups cream
- 3 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel bananas and cut them in half lengthwise.
Batter: Mix flour, salt, beer, egg yolks, half the milk and half the sugar. Finish by incorporating oil and remaining milk.
Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar. Stir in batter. Dip the bananas into the batter, drain and plunge into hot oil.
Creole sauce: Mix the bananas with lemon juice and smash to a pulp. Boil the cream and mix in the banana pulp. Add the sugar to make a caramel, with the boiling mixture. Pass through a sieve and add rum flavoring.
You'll also love
- Baked H/D Pumpkin Fritters 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Nutella Mug Cake 3.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberries with Chocolate Cream 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (233 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hawaiian Dessert 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork chop sauce 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Black eyed pea fritters 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- New Orleans Jambalaya 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.