Black eyed pea fritters
- 8 oz black eyed peas
- 1 onion cut in half
- a seeded red pepper
- 2/3 cups water salt,
- frying oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- The night before, soak beans in water. - The same day, drain them and roll them vigorously in the palms of your hands to remove the skin.
- Put the beans in the bowl, cover with water, the skin will rise to the surface. Remove the skins floating and let them soak for another 2 hours.
- Put beans in a mortar or (blender) with onion, pepper and salt. Mash, adding water gradually until dough is thick. Pour into a bowl and mix.
- Heat oil in large skillet and fry spoonfuls of the mixture for 3-5 minutes until the fritters are golden.
- Serve as an accompaniment or as an appetizer with friends with a spicy tomato dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (176 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Potatoes 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Fig Skewers 3.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Country Fried Steak 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Egg Fried Rice 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Hot Artichoke Dip 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Fritters 2.5/5 (182 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!