Parmesan Crusted Baked Potatoes
Delicious, flavorful, healthy baked potatoes.
- 4 average size red potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. xtra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the potatoes in half on a cutting board. Put parmesan cheese and spices to taste on a paper plate. Put olive oil on a small non-porous plate (preferably one with a slight dip in the middle, such as Pfaltzgraff.)
Cover a cookie sheet with foil; Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Dip the potatoes (cut side down) in the olive oil, then dip in the parmesan cheese mixture (rub around and press a bit), then place the potatoes on the cookie sheet.
I usually pour any remaining olive oil and parmesan cheese mixture over the top of the potatoes.
Bake for approx. an hour, until a fork easily pierces the potatoes.
These make a good side dish to a meat entrée and a veggie or a salad.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.