12 ways to elevate baked potatoes
Up the game of your rustic baked potatoes. Here's 10 gourmet improvisations from classic to cheesy for a fiber-rich dish worthy of a feast
Baked potatoes- the basics
Baked potatoes are absolutely delicious and as long as you have a few russet potatoes in the pantry, you are not going to starve. In fact with all the topping ideas we are going to share, you will roll out an impressive baked potato meal with little time and effort. Start by washing the potatoes under cold water and pat them dry. Heat the oven to 350 ° F. Meanwhile, line your oven rack with aluminum foil and prick your potato spuds with a fork in a few places to make holes that will let the moisture escape during baking. Lay your potatoes on the baking tray and bake for about an hour. When done, cut open the potatoes in half, add butter and kosher salt if going classic. If not, try these irresistible gourmet toppings.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.