Chinese sweet buns
- All purpose flour 4 cups
- Vegetable oil 6 tbs
- Eggs 2
- Yeast 1 packet
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Milk 1 cup
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine milk with yeast let stand for 10 min. Combine flour oil eggs sugar salt knead with yeast mixture let stand for 2hrs cover with wet cloth.
Roll dough into small balls let rest this for another 30 min
In a greased tray bake them for 20 min in 350f
You'll also love
- oatmeal choco balls 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Southwestern Hot and Spicy Roasted... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Toasted Marshmallow Icecream 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Sweet Onion and Broccoli Salad 4.1/5 (3 Votes)
- B.C. Monster Cookies 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Drop Log Cabin Cookies 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- sizwan fried rice 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Cinamon Buns 4/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.