Aunt Leah's Zucchini Bread
Growing up this was one of my favorite snacks to eat. For those of you who can't get your children to eat the green veggie, this sweet treat is sure to change their minds!! Great for breakfast, snacks, or dessert!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Mix dry ingredients (four, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar).
Mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini then add to flour mixture.
Add zucchini mixture to dry ingredients until blended. Pour into loaf pans
Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in middles comes out clean.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!