Mom always made these at Christmas.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup shortening (margarine)
- 1 can/jar Mincemeat ( approx. 28 oz.)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
To oatmeal add:flour,baking soda,and sugar, mix thoroughly.
Using a pastry cutter cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
Divide oatmeal mixture into 2 parts.
Pack half mixture into the bottom of greased 9 x 12 baking pan
Spread mincemeat evenly over oatmeal mixture in pan.Add remaining oatmeal mixture and spread evenly over mincemeat and pack firmly.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Marty's Peanut butter candy 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies 3.5/5 (34 Votes)
- PREACHER COOKIES 3.3/5 (228 Votes)
- Christmas Spiced Zucchini Jam 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Apple Jelly Glazed Ham 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Nanaimo Squares 3.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Crunchies 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe