Christmas Spiced Zucchini Jam
- 2-3 lbs zucchini
- unpeeled but cored
- 3.5 oz dried apricots cut into 4
- 3.5 oz raisins blond
- 2.5 cups preserving sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 lime zest and pulp separate
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
The day before, place in a pan, zucchini cut into small pieces, lemon pulp, zest, cinnamon and whole vanilla bean
-cover with preserving jelly sugar. Cover and let stand 24 hours
First cooking: mix and cook about 20 min, cool and rest for 24 hours.
Prepare the jam jars by sterilizing 30 min in a steamer.
Cooking jam: Remove the vanilla bean, the cinnamon stick, and lemon zest. Prepare the vanilla bean, open, scrape the seeds and add them in the mixture with apricots and raisins. Bring to a boil 5 to 10 minutes. Add the gingerbread spices, mix well.
Pour jam into the jars, close with lids and put the pots back.
Optional: Cut the scraped bean into 4 pieces and place in each pot before filling it with jam.
You'll also love
- Jamaican Flounder with Mango Lime... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Holiday Punch 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Crock Pot Roast 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon Zucchini Jam 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Whiskey Cake 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Holiday Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Escarole Soup 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!