Strawberry Cardamom Jam
- mason jars with lids
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Wash off your strawberries, figure out how many cups you have. Chop them and place in a large pot. Mash them down and let them boil.
Take 6-12 cardamom pods, depending on how many strawberries you have and to taste. Remove the cardamom seeds and grind into a fine powder.
Add the ground cardamom to your sugar. Try one half cup sugar for every 1 cup fruit, or a 1:1 ratio if you want it sweeter. Add the cardamom/sugar mix to the strawberries in the pot, stir well.
Add pectin. Stir, let cook.
Skim off the top layer of foam, pour into mason jars. Let cool, and put the lids on.
You'll also love
- Pear Apple Butter with Cardamom... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Buttermilk Chocolate Scones 3.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mommy's Strawberry Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 3.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Homemade Cocktail Sauce 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Microwave Chocolate Dipped... 2.9/5 (77 Votes)
- Pear Apricot Jam 2.7/5 (104 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!