Pear Apple Butter with Cardamom Spice
A creamy and spicy fruit butter that pairs beautifully with homemade bread, muffins, or pound cakes.
- 1 cup butter, salted
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 2 bartlett pears, cored, skins on, chopped into pieces
- 1 fuji apple, cored, skin on, chopped into pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest from one lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
In a medium saucepan combine butter, honey, cinnamon sticks, pears, and the apple.
Over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering for one hour.
Pour fruit and butter mixture into a blender. Add the cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar and heavy cream. Blend until smooth.
Return mixture to saucepan and over low, heat until thickened, several minutes. Do not boil.
Remove from heat and add vanilla and lemon zest.
Allow to cool in the fridge several hours. Serve with bread, cakes, cookies, or from the spoon!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees