Makes 3 pints
- 4 pounds of apples
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash, core, peel, and quarter apples. Combine with 2 cups water in large sauce pot. Simmer till soft.
Puree apples. measure 2 quarts.
Combine apples, sugar, and spice. Cook slowly until thick.
Laddle into jars leaving 1/4 inch free. Process 10 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.