- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 1 anise oil
- 1 tsp. lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Optional add chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Mix eggs, sugar, oil and extracts together. Mix baking powder into flour and add to wet ingredients. Lay out mixture on a cookie sheet in the form of a loaf.
Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Cut the loaf into single cookies and brown in broiler for a few minutes.
Makes 5 loaves.
You'll also love
- Biscuits for Strawberry Shortbread 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Gramma Brett's Peanut Butter... 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Butterscotch Squares Gramma Brett 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Vanilla Icing 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ed's Awesome Peanut Butter Cookies 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Peanut Clusters 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Crustless Quiche 2.4/5 (18 Votes)
- cinnamon toast 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.