Ed's Awesome Peanut Butter Cookies
Lots of peanut butter!
- 1c. Kraft unsweeted unsalted peanut butter
- 1/2 c marg. Parkay / Imperial
- 1/2 Splenda. Brown sugar blend
- 3T. Skim milk.
- 1T. Vanilla.
- 1 large egg - mixed
- 1-1/2 ww flour
- 3/4 t. Baking soda
- 1//2 t salt.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Beat peanut butter, margarine and brown sugar together in large bowl.
Add milk and vanilla
Add egg and mix till blended
Whisk flour with other dry ingredients in separate bowl
Combine with wet ingredients
Mix together with wooden spoon
Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper using teaspoon ( take teaspoon of dough and roll into ball - put on cookie sheet)
Press with fork
Bake in 375 degree F. oven for 10-12 minutes until browned on bottom and firm to the touch
Cool on rack
Cookies keep well in cookie tin and freeze well
Recipe makes about 30 cookies
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!