Slow-Cooker Apple Butter
Let your house smell delicious all day long while cooking down apples to make thick, creamy apple butter. It is full of flavor, and great on bread, or try some as the filling in cinnamon rolls!
- 6 lbs apples
- peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 600mins
Cost Average budget
Place the sliced apples in a slow cooker.
Stir in the sugars, cinnamon and salt until the apples are coated.
Cover and set on low.
Let cook for 10 hours.
Mash, or put in processor until smooth.
Can and process, or store in the refrigerator for two weeks.
This recipe makes about 4 1/2 pints of apple butter
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1143 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (948 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (189 Votes)
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Mango Chutney (Mango Relish, Aam... 4.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.