Ever wonder what to do with those 4 leftover bites of this or that? Try this!
- For a couple weeks, save those few bites of leftovers in a container in the freezer. Try to keep like-dishes together. IE: sloppy joes, chili, spaghetti sauce, taco meat all in one dish, etc.
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Freeze all small amounts of leftovers from like-dishes in one container.
Once you have enough put together (typically takes our family roughly 2 weeks), dump your frozen container into the slow cooker about 5 hours before mealtime.
Add rice, beans, or whatever else you think might stretch the dish a little further and taste delicious! Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
Serve with biscuits, cornbread, or etc. Voila! A nearly free meal and no wasted food throughout the week!
You'll also love
- Leftover-Turkey Pizza 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Thousand Island Taco Salad 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 2.9/5 (30 Votes)
- goulash 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Bean Tacos 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Leftovers A La King 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Favorite Chille 2.9/5 (12 Votes)