Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
A simple recipe that includes a Texas favorite soft drink that will impress your guests during any season.
- 3-6 lbs of bone-in pork shoulder
- 20 oz bottle of Dr. Pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- Salt and pepper to coat pork
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Crock pot
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Salt & pepper top and bottom of pork shoulder.
Place in crock pot.
Add sliced onions and entire bottle of Dr. Pepper or until meat is covered.
Turn crock pot to low heat in order to slow cook for 6 hours.
Place cooked meat into a bowl and shred with fork.
Discard contents in crock pot.
Place meat back in crock pot and mix in your favorite BBQ sauce until meat is covered and moist. Cook on low heat for 2 more hours.
Remove and serve by itself or on a toasted sesame bun.
You'll also love
- Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Breakfast Pork Sausage Burritos 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- sweedish meatballs 2.8/5 (37 Votes)
- Macaroni and creamed tomatoes 2.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Apple Butter 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Speedy pulled pork 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Pulled pork 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.