Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs
A slightly sweet spaghetti sauce with melt in your mouth meatballs
- 90 % lean ground beef I use 3 lbs so we have leftovers
- 2 eggs
- breadcrumbs 3/4 cu for mixing in meatballs and 1 cup set aside in bowl
- large jar spaghetti sauce
- sugar can be brown or regular
- Italian spices
- bay leaves
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 or 2 beef boullion cubes or tsp ground
- Have a crockpot waiting
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl put the 2 eggs in the bowl and stir with a fork or a whisk now add 1 tsp each spice to eggs and mix together then add 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and mix. now add ground beef with your hands mix well. Add 1/2 cup chopped onions and about 1 or 2 garlic cloves also chopped finely.
Now make round meatballs about 2 inches round and roll meatballs in bowl of breadcrumbs and set on cookie sheet with aluminum foil on it that has been pre sprayed with Pam
Now bake meatballs in the oven for approximately 30 minutes rolling them about every 8 minutes you want them cooked all the way, poke with a fork and make sure juice doesn't come out if it does bake a few more minutes.
While meatballs are baking put sauce in crockpot add 1 TBSP chopped garlic (I use the garlic in a jar) add spices to your taste approximately 1tsp of each and 3 to 4 bay leaves. Add 1 TBSP sugar.
Turn crockpot on low
When meatballs are cooked place them into crock pot , cook overnight on low stirring occasionally.
Make your choice of pasta or just eat on a hoagie roll
Every now and then taste sauce and adjust seasoning to taste.
For a little spicier flavor add crushed red pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Casserole 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Orange Chicken 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 2.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Italian chicken, lentil and... 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate- and Peppermint-Coated... 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Moms Spaghetti Sauce 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.